Friday, July 22, 2011

Potty Training, Day 1.

It's the moment that I have been waiting for since I changed my son's first meconium stained diaper. It's potty training day.

I've been through mustard, seedy breastfeeding poops. I've been through the lime green poops my son gets every time he gets a tummy bug. I've been through the corn, the watery, the varying colors (hey. honey! come look at this purple crap that Jake just had!). I've been peed on more times than I can count, been grossed out by poo getting on my hand, and now it's time to say goodbye to diapers and the inevitable bag that a mom has to carry when her child is small.

I'm armed with 14 pairs of underpants (Lightening McQueen and Thomas the Train), Cheerios for aiming practice, random treats that include some chocolate chips and Easter candy corn (what? I forgot to get a different kind of treat), Resolve for accidents that I'm sure will happen, and sheets for the furniture that I would like to sit on after this weekend is over.

Pray for me.

No comments: