Sunday, November 9, 2008

Gah.

So I have been MEANING to be better about blogging but I don't have TIME! I can hardly get to my computer because I can't hold a baby and type at the same time. Grr.

This is really hard.

So, Wednesday and Thursday Dan had to work extra hours so that he could have Friday off. Let me just say that fourteen hours by myself with two kids is a very LONG time. Dan was gone from 2pm to 4 am. And then went straight to sleep until 11:30 am.

On Friday, Lindsey had a doctor's appointment for her 5 year old well visit. She was 50 pounds (92 %) and 48.25 inches (99 %). She has grown over four inches and five pounds since JULY! No wonder she doesn't fit into any of the size 6 clothes that I bought her at the consignment sale. Gah! She is all leg...the size 6 shirts are fine, but not the pants. She was funny, she had stage fright and couldn't pee in a cup (apparently it is normal, but it was funny to me) and she got her blood drawn (hemoglobin was good, as was cholesterol) and then she had a hearing and vision test...neither of which were good. We're going back for a re-test in a month. Let's see how that goes. Also, I was concerned about her tonsils and adenoids because she's been nasally, and she's been snoring. The doctor checked, and lo and behold, her tonsils are enlarged. Again, we're going to check next month and see if they have gone down a bit. Lastly, she got her flu shot. I had to hold her and my GOD she is strong. I guess with ten months of not being able to pick her up, I'm not used to picking her up and holding her. She is SOLID!

After the doctor's appt we took Lindsey and Jake to Chuck E Cheese. Jake's first trip to CEC! We had a fun time. Then we went to Chris and Stephanie's house for game night...very fun. Dan is the Monopoly champ.

Saturday Dan and Chris went golfing. The idea was that I would take the kids out shopping for new clothes for Lindsey...but, I'm a genius and I locked my keys in the car, so we didn't go. UGH!

Today we went to Anderson so Dan could golf with his boss and some co-workers. Linds, Jake and I went to Target for some new clothes for Lindsey, and stopped at Denny's for a snack. Much fun was had by all. Now I'm off to play Rock Band 2 and hang with my family.

I'll post pics soon, having some issues with my SD card and my desktop.

No comments: