Saturday, February 6, 2010

Why is it...

That is get really embarrassed when people find out that I write? I'm in the middle of writing a book right now and it's like I'm almost ashamed to admit it.

I think that it's because I put so much of myself into this story. blood, sweat and tears literally pour from my fingertips and onto the Word document. These are my characters, my plot, my surroundings...I think what I'm afraid of is something I've always been afraid of: being made fun of.

I was not a popular person in high school. Sure, I had friends, I had a couple of boyfriends. But I never felt like I fit in exactly. Always felt like I was on the outside looking in. Hell, I still feel that way most of the time, except for when I'm with my husband. I'm lucky enough that he completes me and that I don't need to fit in anywhere else.

So I decided that I don't care any more. I'm 25 years old. I'm a wife, mother, student and employee. I'm a reader, a tweeter, a facebook addict, a Twilight-aholic. I love to write fanfiction...and people think that I'm talented and enjoy what I write. I've decided since to try to use my talents in a *real* scenario. My husband is supportive of anything and everything I do, so why should I even care if someone who thinks that they know me judges me for the person that I am?

I'm a good person, a loyal friend, a caring and devoted wife and mom. Who wouldn't want to be friends with me? And sure, I write about Bella choosing Jacob instead of Edward at the end of Eclipse, but really, who the hell cares? What difference does it make? It doesn't change the kind of person that I am.

1 comment:

Penny said...

You're embarassed to say you're a writer? You shouldn't be embarassed. Are you going to publish your stuff? I'm going to publish mine if I ever finish it, self-publish, of course, because I doubt it's good enough to send off to an agent or whatever... lol