Thursday, June 12, 2008

Surgery is over...

I'm happily home as of yesterday. I'm having a hard time with the recovery though.

Dan and I got to the hospital at 5:30 am and they did my IV, then at 7:30 they brought me back. It was a quick surgery (I fell asleep on the table!) and then was brought back in, but I was feeling sick so they gave me some meds that made me fall asleep. I napped off and on throughout the morning, then my mother-in-law brought Lindsey over after school and she stayed at the hospital until about 8:30. We all had dinner together which was nice, then she spent the night at my in-laws.

In the morning I was released at about 11, then home where I napped and then my friend Stephanie came over with dinner for us.

Lindsey had school today, and so Dan and I priced the yard sale stuff, then I laid down while Dan played video games until lunchtime and then Dan was off to work. Winona (my mother-in-law) is coming over to keep an eye on us tonight. I have a bunch of studying to do for my classes, but I am going to go and nap with Lindsey first.

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers, it means a lot to me.

No comments: