Sunday, November 6, 2011

Secrets of Truth - Chapter 3

Secrets of Truth
by Rebecca Young

Who says you can't go back?

After her father decides that life in Boston isn't all it's cracked up to be, Gabriella Hunter finds herself back in the small town of Hanover, New Hampshire, where she spent the ninth year of her life. Now at seventeen, she just can't seem to be able to let the friends from her past back in, not even her best friend, Cooper Linton.

Gabriella can't figure out why everyone hates Cooper and his friends, and she can't understand why Jackson Palmer is so weird around her. How much can things change in eight years?

A lot.

Chapter 3 excerpt:

I noticed that a few people were staring at us, but I couldn’t figure out why. Was it the whole “they never hang with people not in their group thing”? Cooper didn’t seem to notice, or if he did, he obviously didn’t care because he just kept walking like everything was normal. I laughed at his ability to ignore everything around him and playfully bumped into him just as we got to my locker. I was shocked to almost ricochet off him and suddenly go sprawling before he caught me around the waist.
Gosh, you are like a human force field. I can’t even bump into you without being taken out,” I joked as I rubbed my shoulder and took off my coat.



Chapter Word Count: 5454

Book Word Count: 19163

No comments: