Saturday, November 26, 2011

another book teaser

so i went to my very first nanowrimo write-in today. i was nervous, didn't know what to expect, so i almost didn't. dan got home from work early, so i packed my binder of edits up and headed out.

what had i been so afraid of? it was great talking to other people who were writing like crazy fiends, just like i am. people who just...get it. they realize the passion for writing, they own their passion, just like i do. i felt immediately accepted and it really inspired me to keep on keepin' on.

Secrets of Truth

by Rebecca Young

Who says you can't go back?

After her father decides that life in Boston isn't all it's cracked up to be, Gabriella Hunter finds herself back in the small town of Hanover, New Hampshire, where she spent the ninth year of her life. Now at seventeen, she just can't seem to be able to let the friends from her past back in, not even her best friend, Cooper Linton.

Gabriella can't figure out why everyone hates Cooper and his friends, and she can't understand why Jackson Palmer is so weird around her. How much can things change in eight years?

A lot.

Chapter 5 Excerpt:

“What are you talking about, Cooper?” I was suddenly uneasy. We were out in the middle of nowhere, my cell phone was in the Jeep and the way that Cooper was acting was making me very nervous. There are a lot of things about Cooper that not many people know…things that I can’t tell you, Jackson’s voice whispered in the back of my mind.

No comments: