Sunday, December 14, 2008

My baby is a grump.

Jake has been grumpy all day. He has not slept for more than 45 minutes at a stretch. Both Dan
and I are exhausted.

Part of it could be that I was drinking last night so no boob milk for the boy, only formula. And that shit smells like dirt. It is nasty.

Another issue could be gas. His tummy is really bloated, so I have been giving him Mylicon drops which don't seem to do any good for him. His reflux medicine is so nasty that he spits it up most times, which I can't say that I blame him.

Finally, it could be the fact that this little boy insists on being held at all times. Like I am currently typing around my child. Poor guy. My back hurts from carrying him everywhere I go.

But he is so damn cute. I mean, I may be biased and all, but this is one cute baby. He's starting to fatten up a little bit, so he's not so chicken-y (is that a word?! Not chicken-like?). His head is perfectly shaped (weird compliment I know, but still) and he's really proportional.

It is so weird to actually have a kid who is on the high side of normal rather than just a mammoth of a child. Lindsey was in the 99th percentiles for everything, whereas Jake is in the high 70s, low 80s. These two kids are different from eachother in every way.

I feel like I am truly blessed to be able to experience the lives of these two amazing kids. Though tonight they are being the world's biggest buttheads, they are MY babies and I am so lucky to have them both.

No comments: