Friday, December 12, 2008

When Mom asks for an update, you know it is bad.



I got an email from my mom yesterday that said that I needed to update my blog. Sorry mommy. I suppose it is a way for my mom to finally read my diary!




Anyhoo. So, I've been busy with two kids. Life is insane. It might not be so bad if I didn't have two very demanding children. Well, what can you expect with such a high-maintanence momma? Lindsey absolutely loves being a big sister. She hovers :) but that is okay. She adores her baby brother and wants to be with him all the time. Jake is growing very quickly. He went to the doctor last week and he weighs in at 11 pounds, 10 ounces now. He's also grown 2 inches and is now 23 inches in height. Jakey was also diagnosed with acid reflux and is now taking medicines to help him be not so grumpy.




My birthday was on the 1st of December. I'm 24 now. Not really a big deal I suppose. Dan and Lindsey made me breakfast and dinner on the Sunday after my birthday. On my actual birthday I sat home with my kids---my best friend Stephanie brought me cake and trick candles. 24 candles really brings on a lot of smoke.




I went out to see Twilight for the second time with my friends. I truly LOVE this series of books. If I could do anything in the world, I would love to be an author, but I just can't be creative enough to do something like that.

Ok---so moving on...we decorated for Christmas this past weekend. We love the tree that my grandparents gave us. Lindsey enjoyed decorating and putting ornaments up. I made cookies and we listened to Christmas music. Then on Monday we had a playdate here. Wednesday night we had some friends over for dinner, playtime and wine, of course! Last night my in-laws came over to see their grandkids.

On Wednesday I got the call I had been hoping for...I had applied to the PCT (patient care technician) program at Greenville Tech but I had been put on the waiting list, and told that I most likely would not get in because how far I was down the list. But the counselor called me and let me know that while i didn't get into the morning program like I had been hoping to, I did get into the evening program. So I am going to be in class Monday, Tuesday and Thursday nights from 5-10 for a couple of months, also doing clinicals on Saturdays from 8-4. My life will be crazy for a little while. I'm fortunate enough to have my in-laws to watch my kids and let me use their car so I can pursue my education. I am so excited to do this!

Today is Friday, I don't know what we are doing tonight. Either we'll stay home, or we'll get together with Janna and her girls, since Janna's hubby is in Seoul on a flight. Tomorrow we are headed out to see the Festival of Trees downtown which is so pretty. Sunday will be a lazy day for us where we sit around and do absolutely nothing at all. YAY!

So there you go, Mommy. Life is good :)

1 comment: