Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008



So, with my post-partum depression, I have been very homesick. I knew I was going to NH for Christmas, but that wasn't soon enough. My family hadn't seen Jake and I wanted my mommy. So, I asked Dan, and we decided to go to NH for Thanksgiving, lots of fun. We left on Friday the 21st and got home on Sunday the 30th. We got Jake christened at my church on the 23rd, with my brother Eric as his godfather and my sisters Jessi and Mandi doing double duty as his godmothers. We had a little get-together afterwards to celebrate, here are some pictures from that...

Me and my dad with Jake at the christening party.

Uncle Eric with Jake, Lindsey and Aunt Laura in the background.

After the Christening party, we went to Mom and Lary's house to watch football. Jake was all dressed up to match them in their team colors.

GO RAIDERS!

Aunt Mandi holding Jake (looking a bit drugged though!)

Tuesday, we headed to Dan's mom's house in Wells, Vermont. I love Dan's mom. She has always been so welcoming and so fun to be around. She made us lunch and we finally got to meet her significant other, Bob. What a great guy! Then we headed to Granville, NY to see Dan's brother and sister-in-law and their 4 kids. Tuesday night I got to see my best friend Cyndi, who is 7 months pregnant with her first baby. We also saw my friend Elizabeth too!


Lindsey and Justin, born 6 weeks apart
Lindsey and Hannah Hannah, Lindsey, Jake, Katelyn, Austin and Justin.


Tuesday morning, my grandfather (Lary's father) had a stroke. Very sad. So on Wednesday, we had made plans to see my father, so we drove up to West Lebanon for lunch with my dad, then Daddy watched Lindsey and Jake while Dan and I took my little brother Eric to the hospital to visit Grandpa Bailey. Wednesday night Dan went to play Heroscape with Lary and Eric, while Lindsey had dinner with my grandparents, Jake and I had dinner at Village Pizza (YUM!) with Mandar and my aunt and uncle met us there unexpectedly.

Jake and Poobah ponder the meaning of life.

Ann and Jake

Thursday brought Jake and I awake at 6 am, along with my grandmother who was cooking the turkey. Mimi and Jake would enjoy coffee together while my arms got a break every morning! I helped with some food, and we enjoyed a nice day at my grandparents. Everyone came over for dinner around 3. We had dinner, played Beyond Balderdash (so fun!) and had yummy desserts.


Jakey is stuffed.
Poobah and his boy.
Mommy and Jakey.


Friday morning the four of us joined my Aunt Laura for breakfast at Country Kitchen. You know how there are those restaurants that you just have to go to when you visit your hometown? Village Pizza and Country Kitchen are those ones I have to visit when I am in Newport. Then Dan's mom and Bob came to see us again before we left. We had a nice visit with them. Friday night we celebrated my 24th birthday at Aunt Laura and Uncle Dave's house with my favorite meal...ham and macaroni and cheese!


Daddy and Jake
Jake's HOLY CRAP face :)


Dan's Mom and Jake


Mandar and me.


Aunt Laura and me.


Saturday morning we left for home. We stayed at a really nice Comfort Inn in Winchester, VA, then were on the road at 6 am after our kids had both woken up at 4:30am, we figured there was no reason to sit around when we could go home and sit around at home. We were home by 2pm that day, and it was nice to be home again!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wish I'd known you guys were in NH, not that it would have mattered I guess, I went to Mass! LOL. I still cannot get over how much Jake looks like Dan.