Sunday, December 21, 2008

You're a mean one...

Mrs. Grinch...

When I was little, I used to love Christmas. I loved everything about Christmas.

Now that I am the mom, Christmas sucks.

I finally have realized how commercialized Christmas is. It is disgusting. I've come to hate everything about Christmas. I hate the baking, the buying, the wrapping, the mess, the traveling, the whole idea of Santa Claus.

This year has been especially hard. I don't know why. Last year was fantastic (save for the fact that we were in SC rather than in NH). I guess I'm not in a Christmas-y mood. Maybe it is because I am so freaking tired. Maybe it is because there just isn't enough money to go around. All I know is that this year...Christmas blows.

I need a Valium and a glass of wine.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I hear ya! We have been sick since Thanksgiving - which of course put me into early labor! Thankfully we do not "do" Santa Claus in our house... so our son understands when we can not afford to give him huge gifts that Santa can magically strum up! Someone sent him a Christmas CD, which he has been jammin Jingle Bells 24-7... So we have lots of Xmas spirit around here if you need to borrow some! ha.