Friday, May 1, 2009

Day 2: Rough going.

So it is Day Two of Operation Fatten Baby. Yesterday I lost many a good shirt to the enemy fire of butternut squash. Thank God for Shout! Like I said, Jacob doesn't really like food of the baby kind. He basically wants to sustain life with boob milk. Which wouldn't be a huge deal if the child actually would spend time eating instead of getting on there for five minutes, then losing interest and playing for a little while, then expecting to be able to come back to it. I'm not a freaking cow for God's sake. Today so far has been a little better, instead of breakfast taking a half hour, it only took twenty minutes, so I'm taking that to be a good sign.

Last night our family went to the Bos family's house for dinner. Janna and John made yummy steak and potatoes, which is a real treat for us because we never have steak. We like steak, but let's be honest here, my husband can not grill worth crap. Hot dogs, the occasional hamburger, yes. Steaks? Not so much. It was a nice evening spent with good friends---and good wine too! AS the girls get older, we're finding that they get along a lot better and play nicer.

Today is a lazy day so far. It is 1005 and we're still in our pajamas. Lindsey is wanting to play on the computer, but I told her that I had to blog first. That, in turn, set off a whole bunch of questions (what's a blog? what do you write on there? can I do it?) that took time out of my blogging!! Grr. Both my kids are being quite needy today. Dan just went to sleep and is planning on napping until 1, then we'll have time together as a family.

The weather is looking a little iffy today. I was kind of hoping that we could play in the baby pool on the back porch but I don't think it is going to happen. I'm really hoping to get a move on with Jacob's scrapbook, and to start Lindsey's fifth year scrapbook (from her 4th birthday to her 5th). Unfortunately with the bed rest, that will be a small scrapbook. :( We're going to try to see my friend Kim and her kids today...with our schedules it is hard for the two of us to get together. Then it is movie night tonight. Who knows what we'll be watching but we pile all the blankets and pillows in the house on the living room floor and cuddle together with a movie. It was one of our favorite pre-Jake things to do and now we're hoping to re-incorportate it into our lives.

So I'm proud of myself for taking the time this morning to blog...two days in a row...WOOT!

No comments: