Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Puddle Stomping.

Yesterday was cinco de mayo! We celebrated by doing a craft, going to the library to read books about Mexico, having a Mexican dinner (mmm quesadillas and tacos!) and finishing off the evening at Janna and John's house for margaritas. Very fun. Lindsey and I had run to Bi-Lo to get stuff for dinner and got caught in a rainstorm. She giggled the entire jog from the store to the car. We were soaked! I always try to remember that when you're five, one of the best things in the world is splashing in puddles.

I always want to be the kind of mom who will stop what she is doing and stomp in the puddles.

It is really starting to hit me that this is the last summer I have with my child before school corrupts her and she realizes I'm not the coolest person in the world. It makes my heart physically hurt knowing this. So I'm working hard to do lots of fun things with her before I have to send her off to kindergarten.

Today is Lindsey's favorite stuffed animal (Rabby)'s birthday. We made cupcakes, made presents, decorated her room and had a tea party. I'm currently enjoying "Best Mom in the World" status.

And that heartache lives on...

No comments: