Monday, August 18, 2008

Am I too strict?

A little girl who was probably about 6 or so just came over, knocked on the door and asked if Lindsey could come over to play. I told her "no". And she asked why. I told her that I did not want Lindsey to go out to play. Then the little girl would not leave...until I asked her to. Maybe I'm a meanie for booting this little girl out, but...

Am I too strict on my daughter? Perhaps.

No, I'm not going to let my child run around the apartment complex unsupervised. How can people let their children do that? I just can not see how people can do that. It's disgusting. What would happen if someone came and took my child? Screw that.

I also closely watch Lindsey when she is playing with other kids. She knows and has known since she was two that it is never ok to hit or play rough with anyone other than daddy. I want to know what she is doing, as much as I want to know what other kids are doing to her.

Lindsey has a list of chores. She cleans her room, she puts the shoes away, she helps put away the dishes (so I don't have to bend) and she makes her bed in the morning. I am trying to teach her early things that I didn't do when I was younger :)

I don't WANT to be strict, I just want to raise my children to be the best people they possibly can, and I can't take a laid back attitude with that and be all "whatever" on it like all the other parents in this god-forsaken apartment complex.

Needed to vent about the little girl and her two ankle biting poodles she brought in my house. GAH.

No comments: