Monday, August 18, 2008

Uterine irritability/Preterm Labor

I am ROUND! Here is a picture of me at 28 weeks!



I'm back on strict bedrest, I'm not supposed to go out or do housework or whatever...but I just CAN'T stay in bed. It is impossible. If I don't, who is going to clean the house? Who is going to cook the food? Do the shopping? My husband does enough as it is. And poor Lindsey is going crazy. So is Mommy. I need some more books I think.


We're 30 weeks as of tomorrow. I hate every part of being pregnant. And Jake must hate every part of being in there! I'm in a lot of pain, and I'm already having contractions (hence the strict bedrest) so I'm on a monitor twice a day and taking all sorts of medicines. LOVELY.


I also am having uterine irritability. Apparently, according to Google, they are "weak but frequent pre-term labor contractions". Basically my uterus in in a constant state of contractions, just not big enough to do a lot of damage. This, on top of the fact that even though i have the cerclage, my cervix is still only about 2 cm long, means that it is probable that this baby boy is going to make an early entrance.


I've been really well taken care of, both by my OB and my MFS. I feel very fortunate to have such a great network of doctors.

1 comment:

Penny said...

Matthews head start teacher had her baby around 2 months early, maybe a little more. She survived, shes quite well actually. And you have always taken such good care...

Dont worry, Im sure things will work out just right.

PS what the HECK? You dont read my blog? LOL witch... notjustamama.com