Sunday, August 31, 2008

Labor Day weekend

I hope that everyone is enjoying their labor day weekend. We went to Sam's Club and to Wal-Mart yesterday so we could get food that I could eat. Errrr. I have never spent so much money on groceries in my LIFE! After it was all said and done, it was over two hundered for groceries. That's insane. Granted, we bought fifty dollars worth of meat at Sams, but STILL! Why does light sugar spaghetti sauce have to be $1.78 versus the cheap canned spaghetti sauce at .82? Grrrr. And buying whole wheat instead of white? People wonder why America is such an OBESE COUNTRY. It is because people can not afford to eat healthy!

I have to change my Terbutaline site today. I'm still nervous about sticking myself with needles but I suppose I am going to have to get used to it, especially with having to do needlepricks of my finger more than four times a day. I hate needles. This is why I have never gotten another tattoo. :)

Lindsey is enjoying time with her daddy. We played Littlest Pet Shop Go Fish yesterday and she beat us FAIR AND SQUARE each time. She's very smart, and she picks up on who has what cards. I'm still working on her playing Guess Who, she thinks that I am asking about her when I ask "Do you have blond hair?" and she says yes...but yet her card is a balding redhead. Ummmm? I ask her why she said that she had blond hair...she said because SHE has blond hair! I think we are going to have to work on that. We also bought her Yahtzee so we can work on our counting skills....because she still thinks that fifteen is "eleventeen"....ummmmm??

I love being her mom. I have so much fun with her! Now if Jake would cooperate, I would love being his mom too! :)

1 comment:

Tonya said...

I'm glad you guys had a great weekend. You are right! America can't get thin when the food that helps us get thin costs us so much! INSANE!!! That's great that Lindsey does well with those games. Sometimes we don't think about it, but games like that can really help young children learn skills that will help them in school.