Friday, August 22, 2008

TGIF!

This morning I was up at the crack of dawn (ok, it was 7:30, but still) to get to my doctor's appointment. I had to have my glucose test. So, after drinking the nasty grossness that was the glucola (it tasted like the time that Dan put in 2 cups of sugar in orange koolaid instead of just one) I went in, talked to the nurse, saw the doctor...and that was all in fifteen minutes! I was stoked to get in and out (sometimes I have to wait up to like three hours at that place), but today I had to be there for an hour to have the test!

So I just ran home and woke Lindsey up, played with her and then went back to LabCorp. They had to stick me THREE times...my veins kept rolling...I have never had that problem. I've had a vein bust open in my hand, but never roll. So that was weird. Hurt like a son of a bitch too :)

Tonight Lindsey and I are watching the Backyardigans and eating Papa John's pineapple pizza. Tomorrow is a lazy rest day. Sunday is the last home game for the Greenville Drive (our minor league team, they are the minors for the Red Sox---but I can forgive them for that) and Lindsey really wants to go. The game starts at 4 so that way we won't be out all night. Dan and I figure as long as I am sitting down, then I should be okay. If not, it's only 20 bucks, right?

So I'm hoping to get Lindsey to bed early tonight so I can get to bed too. I'm so tired now! I'm 30 weeks and 3 days pregnant, only 9 weeks and 4 days until my due date! And I have been smoke free for four months, three weeks, four days, 1 hour, 59 minutes and 1 second. 2353 cigarettes not smoked, saving $588.33. Life saved: 1 week, 1 day, 4 hours, 5 minutes. WOW!

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Girl, I know how you feel about drinking that glucola. It was nasty for me too and while I was at the hospital for 3 hrs doing my glucose test, I think I threw up some of it when I walked outside with Wes. I swore him to secrecy because there was no way I was drinking any of that crap again. Anyway, I'm glad to hear that you are taking it easy and getting some rest. I won't be one to tell you that your last few weeks will go by fast because I always hated it when someone told me that. It never went by fast enough. :) Take care girl!