Wednesday, October 8, 2008

37 weeks pregnant

I'm still big, fat and pregnant.

UGH.

I got my cerclage out yesterday. Very uncomfortable (no one tells you that!) and I was REALLY hoping that Jake would follow the cerclage. No such luck, I suppose. So, I suffer on. His ultrasound was good, they guesstimate his size to be around 7 1/2 pounds already. At 37 weeks? Holy GOD! He's going to be a big guy. We did some more 3-D pics but he was grumpy during the whole thing. One of the cool things was that we got to see his feet in 3-D...he has Dan's monkey toes. HAHA!

So, went to the doctor today for my 37 week appt. WOOT. Had my cervix checked (no WOOT) and I was not dilated yet, but I am 90% effaced (thinned out) so I suppose that is a good thing. My blood pressure was SUPER high for me (normally I am in the high 110s, low 120s over the high 70s, and today it was 140/88....ewww) and now I am swollen up like a moon pie. It's ugly, truly it is.

So after the appointment, Lindsey and I went and walked around the mall for an hour. I had to get some nursing bras and then I bought the new Nicholas Sparks book for something to occupy myself until Jake decides that it is time for him to make his appearance.

I think I had my sights set too high. I was REALLY hoping to have him (or at least get STARTED on having him) yesterday or today. And while I am still having contractions, they aren't doing much. Perhaps by this weekend he will come. I really effing hope so. I want my body back!

Tonight Lindsey is going over to her friend's house tonight to play, while Mandy, Stephanie, Janna and I go out for a final HURRAH for me. We're going for Don Pablo's...we figure we should spice him out of me! Pepcid, here I come! I was hoping to get a pedicure as well, but my feet are super swollen and uncomfortable, maybe we might have to skip it, but maybe not. Either way, I want to forget that I am going to have a baby for a little while, and get out with my friends before my life is dictated by a small infant. I have the best friends in the WORLD!

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Awww I know how you feel sweety. By that time, I was ready to not be pregnant anymore too and you've went through a heck of a lot more than I had to go through. Hope you enjoyed yourself tonight. Good luck and hopefully by next week, we will be seeing pictures of your beautiful baby boy.