Thursday, October 16, 2008

Drumroll, please...

TUESDAY is the day! FINALLY! YAY!

Had the doctor's appointment at 10:30 this morning. Bad blood pressure (148/92) and bad blood sugars have helped my doctors to decide that it is time for Jake to come out. Got checked, still no change, despite the terrible contractions I have been having. So, induction it is.

Monday night I will go to the hospital (provided that they have a bed available) and they will admit me and give me Cervidil to soften my cervix even more than it is. Then I will be given Pitocin first thing in the morning. Hopefully it goes quickly and with the help of an epidural, painlessly :)

Winona will be watching Lindsey, but Dan and I want Linds with us as much as possible to bond with her little brother. We are very excited, exhausted, terrified...all these emotions into one.

This weekend will be spent as a family of three for the last time in our lives. We'll go to the pumpkin patch, Boo in the Zoo and to the Color Clay Cafe to paint some pottery. Dan will work on Monday, and a friend will come to the hospital with me until he can be there.

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers!

1 comment:

Tonya said...

YAY!!! WOOOHOOO!!!! I'm so thrilled for you! I know you are so ready to get that baby out. Good luck on Tuesday! I can't wait to see your beautiful baby boy!