Wednesday, October 22, 2008

He's heeeerrrrreeeeeeeee!

Announcing Jacob Daniel Young!
The Young Family
Daddy, Lindsey and Jake
Lindsey holds Jake for the first time
Lindsey watches over baby brother while he "warms up"

YAY!



Jacob Daniel Young was born yesterday, Tuesday, October 21, 2008 at 11:41 am. He was nine pounds, 2 ounces and 21 inches long.



Here's the story, brief as it is.



5:15-get woken to take a shower, change, etc.



6:00-get checked (1 cm), start fluids in IV



6:30-Pitocin starts, so do the contractions!



8:20-Dan finally wakes up.



8:30-Dr. Lebel comes in, checks me (3 cm), breaks my water (not painful--thank God!)



10:00-Dr. Smith comes in to see me. Checks me, 6 cm dilated.



10:45-My nurse Ashley checks me, 8-9 cm.



11:15-having pressure, fully dilated but baby is not down enough, so we start to push to get him down. They stop me after the first contraction. Apparently I am a good pusher, and they need to set up in my room!



11:41-with less than five minutes of pushing, Jacob Daniel arrives in the world! However, Jake wasn't breathing too well, so it ended up being a half hour before I even got to hold him :(



And now he is healthy and happy. He's been sleeping most of the time, he woke up twice in the night, once at 2 and again at 6. I can deal with that. I'm having some trouble with bleeding, but I should be ok.




4 comments:

YeahYeah said...

Congratulations!!!! Well worth the wait, I'm sure. I'm so happy for you guys! I can't really see his face in the pictures, does he look like you or Dan????

beckie said...

Definitely Dan. I'll post some more pics soon, Dan was taking most of the pics, so they aren't exactly up to par :) LOL.

Tonya said...

He is so precious! Congratulations! Welcome to the world Jacob Daniel!

Rachel said...

He looks amazing. Congrats!!!!