Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year!

The Young family made our resolutions this year!



Dan:
work out four times a week. (wow. he's really straining himself)

Beckie:
Lose 30 pounds by June 1st
Go to gym five times a week
Do something special with the kids once a week
Finish my book
Blog so I can remember everything I did with the kids this year.

Lindsey:
Clean room when Mom and Dad ask
Work on listening
Learn to tie shoes
Work on math and reading.

Jake:
learn to talk.

The Young Family:
eat healthier
get outside at least twice a week
be more active
have a family fun night once a week.

*******

So this is my first day of blogging. Again. Yay.

2009 was a really rough year for us. Dan had been laid off and while he was fortunate enough to find another job, he took a really big paycut. Money problems ensued, which happen to everyone at some point I suppose. In August, he was offered a better paying job in the company, and we moved to Anderson to be closer to his work...and then the job fell through. Such is our life, we supposed.



I found a job working at Publix, a chain of grocery stores. I really like my job, it's very easy and I enjoy the people that I work with. It doesn't get in the way of school and that's what matters most to me. I work about 20 hours a week, and the money definitely helps out. I was accepted into nursing school in November, and classes start next Monday. I'm very excited to begin the part of my schooling that will get me to where I need to be in my career!



Lindsey started Kindergarten this year. We started in Greenville before moving to Anderson. She loves her school, loves her teachers, but still wishes she was homeschooling with Mommy. She's been tested and reads at a third grade level and does math at a second grade level. It's so impressive to very humbling when we meet with her teachers and they tell us how amazing our daughter is.




Jake is just...Jake. He's balls-to-the-walls extreme baby. To date, he has tried to tear the Christmas tree down fourteen times. He started walking at 10 months and hasn't stopped since. He's beginning to talk and it is so funny to listen to him. He's a very structured baby. He knows when he's supposed to nap and when he's supposed to eat. Mess with his schedule and all hell breaks loose.



I'm hoping that blogging will help to remind me what has happened in my life. I feel like so much time passes by me! Before I know it, my children will be grown and I'll be left here wondering what the hell happened.

No comments: