Saturday, January 9, 2010

kill me now

two nights ago, jake was really sick. we thought that he was starting to show an intolerance for meats, but it turned out that he wasn't.

i started feeling sick around 3:00, took a nap and headed to work, still feeling nauseous. i made it 45 minutes before i had to shut down my register and dash to the bathroom. i went back and opened my register back up, with my manager's promise that i could leave at 6pm. just 15 minutes to go. yeah, i couldn't make it. so i went home and just...died. i lost count of how many times i threw up after ten...in four hours.

gastroenteritis is not my friend.

poor dan, he was so amazing. he took care of the kids, made me chicken noodle soup, emptied my yak bucket, rubbed my back...he was awesome. Lindsey was great too. she came in my room and took care of me...but mostly she sat with me, which was better than anything else. i scared Jake when i was throwing up, he started screaming.

i was supposed to work 9-5 today, but i can't. while i'm not throwing up any more, i'm really dehydrated and i just hurt. I still can't keep anything down, and part of me is afraid to try. Lindsey just started complaining about her tummy, and I am guessing that I've got a long day ahead of me.

To top it all off...it's Dan's birthday. Sigh.

No comments: