Monday, January 11, 2010

January 11th

Nursing school starts today. And I'm scared. This is the first day of my career, and i don't want to eff it up. I'm so nervous. Nursing is a big deal. I could KILL someone if I screw up. I'm going to be putting needles into people. Giving medications. Treating people. Eventually.

What the hell was I thinking?!

I might need a glass of wine and a Vicodin by the time I get home from class today.

Moving on, I lost five pounds in my bout of sickness. So I figured that this was a jumpstart to my diet and exercise regime. I took Lindsey to the gym with me yesterday, it was hilarious. While I jogged on the treadmill, she stretched and did yoga to all the posters in the complex gym. She used the treadmill too, but got very bored with it. I get bored with it too, but alas, I have to do it.

I figured that using the gym would be good for her because we can't go outside right now. It's so cold! When I brought Lindsey to school this morning, it was SEVENTEEN degrees. We might as well be in New Hampshire. At least if we were, we'd have snow.

1 comment:

Tonya said...

I get bored with the treadmill at the gym too. I usually switch it up..5 minutes on bike, 5 minutes on treadmill, 5 minutes on eliptical, etc...back and forth like that. Keeps it from getting too boring.