Thursday, January 7, 2010

January 6th-7th

Well, that was an epic failure. I'm so bad at keeping my resolutions. But, I can still try to keep up. And I'm doing well with my vow to take a picture of the kids at least once a day.

Jake climbing on his Laugh and Learn front door

Lindsey shows off her super loose bottom two loose teeth.

Lindsey had school both yesterday and today. I tried to do some housework, but then I got a copy of the leaked script for Eclipse. And I spent the entire day reading it. Like...the entire day. I cleaned the kitchen. Woot. Then I had to get Lindsey and play before going to work. I worked from 5-11pm and of course, once you get home from work, you can't go right to bed.

I'm dragging today. I need to do all the work I didn't do yesterday, but here I sit on the computer. I did a little writing, a little editing, but nothing major. And where I should be doing the housework while Jake naps, I will probably nap myself, because 5 hours of sleep and the Bex do not get along.

So tonight is family fun night. We have a movie, or play games, or go out...whatever. All phones, computers, etc get turned off and we focus on what is the most important to us. Tonight we're playing Operation, a game that Lindsey got for Christmas. I'm making sugar cookies, and decorating them with parts from the game, like a bread basket, a wish bone, a funny bone, etc. Here's my recipe:

Beckie's Sugar Cookies
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
  1. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Blend in the dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
  2. Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies

I'm sure it will be a great time. Dan is off tonight, his work cut him to NINETEEN hours this week. I have more hours this week than he does. Ridiculous.

No comments: