Tuesday, January 12, 2010

January 12th

My first day of class was great! Since I already completed my Patient Care certificate, it looks like I'm going to be able to skip the next five week session that starts in February, meaning that I'll get to move up to the next class and graduate five weeks ahead of schedule. This is very exciting to me.

I'm already laden with homework. In crazy amounts.

Today was class picture day, so I put Lindsey in a cute little outfit and did her hair all pretty with bows. She hated it. HAHA. My girl is definitely not into the dressing up thing. I put her in dress pants...with sneakers. I wasn't willing to fight anymore.

I went to the grocery store today, spent $90, saved $87. Have to grab some stuff I forgot when i get to work tonight, but that's no biggie. I like saving all the money that I can, it makes grocery shopping almost a game. And it isn't like we don't use the food, because we definitely do! Sales=Beckie's best friend.

In honor of the great deal on chicken I got (1.99/lb!) here's the recipe of the week!

Dan's Chicken Nastiness (aka Easy Cheesy Chicken Bake)


1 pkg. Chicken Stuffing
1-1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1 bag frozen broccoli florets, thawed, drained
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1/2 cup milk
1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar

Make stuffing as directed on package.
Mix
chicken and broccoli in 13x9-inch baking dish. Stir in soup, milk and cheese; top with stuffing.
Bake at 400 degrees for 30 min. or until chicken is done and casserole is heated through.

No comments: