Monday, September 8, 2008

Catching up

So, I haven't blogged since Wednesday, so I guess I better catch up. All has been pretty good, I've lost 7 pounds on my GD diet...which is nice. Dr. isn't too concerned. Jake is growing well and so am I, there aren't a lot of concerns right now. They upped my meds, but that's no biggie. I'm just a little more shaky than normal. :)

Saturday was spent with my girlfriends at Stephanie's get together at Color Clay and the Melting Pot. I'm too lazy to upload pics, but I will do it later. I made a piggy bank for Jake. It's too cute. Then I enjoyed yumminess at the Melting Pot. I hope that I can talk Dan into going before Jakey comes. Lindsey and Daddy spent the entire night playing games and such, Dan even did some cleanup which I thought was really sweet of him.

Sunday Dan went golfing, and Chris locked his keys in the truck, leaving Stephanie to save the day. Dan got sunburnt :) Then we went to Perkins for dinner because I wasn't feeling well. Continued to not feel well so I monitored...I hadn't been really feeling Jake move, so I figured it was the first step. Well, we got sent to labor and delivery. They monitored me for about 45 minutes or so, then we got sent home. Jake's heartbeat was great, and the contractions weren't getting closer together. They gave me an extra dose of meds and home we went.

I did learn however, that I REALLY need to have a bag packed and ready to go. That's on my list of things to do this week! I bought some travel sized shampoos and stuff, that I can just leave in the bag. I also need to have a bag prepared for Lindsey too. It's hard to get everything going smoothly when they want you to go to the hospital ASAP.

Today Linds went to my father in law's while Dan and I went downtown to St. Francis Hospital. I had to see the dietitican so that way we could get things squared away. I got my meal plan, and my glucose meter. The meal plan sucks...how the hell am I supposed to eat 2400 calories?! That is a LOT of food. My sugars are still high, but they are coming down which is good.

Ham, corn and Grammy mac and cheese are on the menu for tonight. I'm craving some comfort food! But dear Lord, I don't know exactly how the heck I am supposed to calculate THAT. :)

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Our blogs are the same template except for the color and banner. How funny is that?

I'm glad you didn't have to stay in L&D last night.