Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I'm so mad at my OB's office!

So, this morning I went on the monitor and I had seven contractions, which constitutes a re-monitor. So I take a demand dose of my Terbutaline pump and then remonitor again, this time with ten contractions. So, my nurse calls my doctor, and they tell me to go to the hospital. Luckily, I had gotten about halfway on my bag packing and was able to rush over there in about fifteen minutes.

OK, so keep in mind that my OB's office TOLD ME to go to the hospital. They knew I had all these contractions because my home nurse called and told them, and faxed them my strip. So I go, get put back on the monitor at the hospital, and wait. And wait. And wait.

My FREAKING doctor didn't show up! She had the nurse check my cervix (closed, as it should be, being as it is stitched closed!) and then says that they just need to increase my contraction threshold to 12 an hour (so, every five minutes).

This is such crap. I mean, I could have kept monitoring at home if that was the case. What is the point of the meds that I am taking if I'm still having contractions? And why would my doctor's office tell me to go to the hospital if they aren't even going to freaking look at me? Give me a break.

No comments: