Wednesday, September 3, 2008

My Wednesday

So, here's a crazy thing that happened. Big part of it was my fault, but still scary.
So last night after Dan got home (12:30am) I got on my monitor and started recording. I record for an hour at night. I fell asleep to him playing video games, but woke up when the timer went off to signal it was done. But I was super dopey, I had taken a pain pill before laying down because of the back pain. So I stumble into the bathroom (since I'm up, might as well pee, right?) and w/o thinking just pulled down my pajama pants...pulling out my Terbutaline catheter. Ouch. So my leg effing hurts, and I'm asleep, plus, I don't normally have contractions in the nighttime, so...I don't put it back in...I just go to sleep because I don't think that I should be STABBING myself with needles in the middle of the night while I am hardly awake. But i was super nauseous, chalking it up to this catheter being ripped out of my thigh.

Wake up this AM, still nauseous. However, I am running late for my strip (the monitoring strip...dirty thoughts) so I just throw the monitor on, thinking, well, I'll probably have more contractions, but it shouldn't be too bad, and I will just do the meds after I am done.

STUPID.

I get off the monitor, do my catheter and start the meds, and the nurse calls to tell me "You just had TEN contractions". My first reaction was "holy shit". But, at this point, my pulse is too high for them to give me a demand dose, my pulse had jumped up to 130 bpm. So I was told to drink fluids and recheck, then when it had settled I had to take a dose and then remonitor. I only had three after the demand dose, so things settled back down which was really good.

So, to make a long story short, I learned today that my medicine is the only thing keeping me from having this baby right now. Which is scary. I know I was dumb for not replacing the meds right away...but I didn't realize how important these medicines were in keeping my child inside. I feel like a jackass, but...what's done is done, and I can't take it back. I'm glad things settled back down though...that was super scary.

2 comments:

Penny said...

So the monitor like... automatically sends your results to the hospital??? That's cool, I thought you were checking the results yourself.

Well I'm glad the baby is okay. Sorry Lindsey's giving you a bit of a hard time. Television is EVIL and worse is PLAYSTATION3.

beckie said...

That is EXACTLY what it does. Super cool. This makes it so that I am not on bedrest in the hospital, which is nice. I'd much rather be home than in the hospital.