Sunday, September 21, 2008

Post-Weekend Wrap-up

Yes, I am still pregnant. It's just that whenever I put my laptop on my lap, my son seems think it is a soccer ball and procedes to kick the crap out of it, so no blogging.




Thursday, we had friends come over to play! Lindsey's best friend Maddy and my best friend Amanda came over for lunch. It was fun. It's been forever since we have seen eachother. Here's a pic of our girls together.












It was a great weekend for the most part. Friday I was a bonehead. All my OB appts are on Fridays, and they messed me up by scheduling me and not telling me that the 18th was Thursday. I mean, I am on bedrest. Dates mean nothing to me. Days of the week I know, because Dan is gone M-F. :) So, when I went in on Friday, I talked to the front desk lady (her name is Julie, and I can't think of a better title for her right now, but she's fantastic!) and told her I would be willing to reschedule (after I dealt with some razzing from her and one of the nurses!) and when she went to talk to the doctor (YAY Dr. Lebel) she came back and said that Dr. Lebel wanted to see me and would fit me in. So that was nice. What was not nice was the three hour wait. The nurse practioner was not there so it was super backed up. Linds did great the first two hours, but started getting antsy and hungry and so we were on eachother's last nerve. However...when we finally got in to see Dr. Lebel, it was great. Baby is measuring BIG. Over two weeks bigger than he should be. Heartbeat was great (140). Showed the doctor the thingies under my arm and they were what I thought they were (yay for self-diagnosing) and there are no worries. The best thing though...after pleading my case, Dr. Lebel told me that she would tie my tubes for me! YAY! She knows my circumstances, and while she agrees that I am young, will do the surgery for me.



Here's a pic of me pregnant at 34 weeks!
Wow I am huge. :)



So after the appt on Friday, my sugars were low after sitting there without food for three hours. *GASP* so Linds and I went and had lunch at Strossners. MMM. And I even treated myself to a white chocolate macadamia nut cookie. Ah, how hard it is to stop at just one. But somehow, I did it. We went home, napped, then I took Lindsey to the Pavillion park so she could run around and play soccer while I did homework at the picnic table. It was fun to watch her run around. Then back home and laying down, as it had been a day of being up a lot.



Saturday we went to the Saturday market downtown. I bought some frozen homemade italian food...ravoli and lasagna...mmm. Good food that is easy to throw together, can't ask for much more. Since we were downtown, we stopped at Falls Park so Linds could run around. Here's some pics.

Dan and Lindsey outside the Peace Center playing games while I took a rest.



Lindsey at Falls Park. Such pretty flowers, and such a pretty girl!

Outside the Westin Poinsett, checking out the fountain.



The rest of the day Saturday was spent at home in bed, as was most of Sunday. We did take Lindsey to Herdklotz Park for about an hour and a half. I sat and watched while Lindsey rode aorund the soccer field on her bike with Dan jogging to keep up with her. Being out in the fresh air was really good for me...and baby too! Dinner was the ravolis I had bought on Saturday...they were AMAZING! Gotta love homemade noodles :)

2 comments:

amy said...

Your bedrest must be a lot more liberal than mine was, sounds like you're only in bed at night! I only got out for a half hour every other day to take a shower. My husband had to pack a little cooler for me by the bed, so I could eat during the day when he couldn't be home. Oh, and when I wasn't in the hospital, I got to go to the doctor's office once a week, but they wouldn't even let me wait in the waiting area. I had to go into a room and lay down!!! Is it risky to your baby to be up so much?

beckie said...

I'm 34 weeks so the doctor told me that Jake is a little safer now. As long as I REST after whatever I do, then I can be up for a little while.

I should be down more, but unfortunately with a 4 1/2 year old I can not be down as much as they want me to be!