Monday, September 15, 2008

I hate when the weekend ends.

We had such a great weekend! Friday I went to the doctor and they told me some good things, some not so good things. Good: Jake is growing very quickly. My uterus is measuring two weeks ahead of schedule, so our boy is quite big. If we make it that far, we will have an ultrasound at 37 weeks to determine fetal weight (but I hate that it is +/- 2 pounds...gosh they told me Lindsey was probably only going to be 7 pounds!) and we'll decide what to do from there, if I can deliver him vaginally or if I will have to have a c-section. Other good news, I will be able to get off bedrest in TWO WEEKS!!!!!!! YAY! At 36 weeks they think he will be healthy enough that I can go back out among the living. Woot. At 37 weeks they are taking out the cerclage and taking me off the meds (note: they moved THAT back...they think he will come when I'm not on my meds any more) and then if he doesn't come, they will induce me at 38 weeks due to my gestational diabetes. YAY! So not much longer. Two weeks until bedrest is off, three until the medical intervention stops, four if he doesn't come out. So in about four weeks at the latest, I will have a baby!!

We went to Chris and Stephanie's on Friday to say goodbye before they left for Cancun. We are so happy for the two of them!! I can't wait to see pictures of their trip. They are getting married on Friday, then they will be back next Saturday. Poor Dan had to work until 3 am Friday night/Saturday morning...it was 4am by the time he got home!

Saturday we went to Dan's company picnic in Anderson. It was fun. Good food, Dan won a $50 gift card to Target, and Lindsey got a g/c to Target as well. I won bingo for the first time and won $50 to Wal-Mart. Lindsey got her face painted (a fish...and I forgot to take a pic before she washed it off!) and played on the playground and played basketball and water balloon volleyball, which was cute. I was proud of myself, I sat the entire time. The fresh air was wonderful, we were right on Lake Hartwell and the breeze over the water made me homesick for Lake Sunapee. After the picnic we went to Target because they were having a sale on diapers...buy 2, get a $5 gift certificate. I bought Jake some Halloween booties that are mummys and a bib that says "I love my mummy"...hehe. Then to Toys R Us and Lindsey got a minivan for her dollhouse and Dan bought the Pirates trilogy. We went to the Anderson mall and found a "Jake taking home" outfit for our boy, it is cute...a one piece outfit with a hat, bib and booties. It has doggies all over it. Gotta love sales at Sears! Went to the Olive Garden for dinner (mmmm never ending pasta bowl) and then home and watched the Curse of the Black Pearl while Linds played with her new toy.

Sunday (yesterday) was entirely spent in bed. We didn't move, except to get food from downstairs. We watched the other 2 Pirates movies, watched the Colts squeak by the Vikings with a minute left to go...woot...watched the race at NHIS and enjoyed watching Kyle Busch next to last. Dan took a nap, I accidently yanked my pump out AGAIN...I mean what the hell. But this one swelled up and so I had to not stick myself for a little while. So when I did stick myself the second time, I must have hit a bad place because it started squirting blood and I couldn't walk. I'm in tears and there is nothing that Dan can do, and I'm upsetting Linds, so I take it back out and call my nurse, who tells me to ice a different part of my leg and retry. So it took THREE tries to get that damn catheter back in my leg. Grossness. And it hurt like a bitch. But now it is in for five days and I won't have to worry about it for a while.

Today is going to be spent cleaning our bedroom from this weekend in bed. There is trash and water bottles, snacks and such all over the place. I'm monitoring right now, Dan's reading Harry Potter and Linds is being a pain in my butt...what else is new?!

No comments: