Tuesday, September 30, 2008

36 weeks!!!

So, I've made it to full term, which we weren't sure if we could expect. I know, I want to get at least one more week out of my pregnancy, but today marks a HUGE relief on myself. I have worked HARD to keep this little guy in, and while I know the reward will be worth it in the end---UGH! He better be perfect when he comes out (and you know he will be).

So I come off my meds today (the Terbutaline and the Procardia). So I'll be contracting. I'm scared that Danny works an hour away, but I have four friends on my "labor call list" so I'm not tooooo worried about it. I know I'll get to the hospital one way or another. I'm all packed up and ready to go, as is Linds and Dan, so we are SET. I just need someone to feed my fish---any takers?

I had that SAME reaction yesterday as I did on Sunday. It is really scaring me. So I called the doctor's office and got the nurse answering machine before I passed out this time. I got awoken by a call an hour and a half later. Basically what we think is happening is that the Glyburide is making my sugars go down so much that I'm having hypoglycemia and I don't have enough sugars, so I get the shakes, the sweats and I pass out. Not so good when you have a four year old hanging out by herself. She watched a movie in my room while I slept it off, and got me some food in my system after I woke up and was too weak to even attempt the stairs. I'm telling you, I have the world's greatest daughter. Seriously.

So, wish me luck...I can't wait to meet this lil guy!

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Good luck sweetie! I hope he is a healthy baby. You've been through so much with this pregnancy and I hope the outcome is great! Lindsey is a wonderful little girl. I'm sure she understands as much as she can about this and wants to help you feel better. Once again, good luck!