Wednesday, September 10, 2008

High on Bleach Fumes

OK, so my husband is a fantastic man. He does what needs to be done, whether it be working at his job, doing side work, playing with Lindsey, keeping me company, whatever. But my GOD the man could live his life with a disgusting bathroom. It's been a couple of weeks since our upstairs bath has been cleaned. Gross. So tonight I took twenty minutes to clean the shower (and no, Stephanie, I did not scrub the tiles, I just sprayed that stuff on it), clean the toilet, wipe the counters and mop the floor. Yech. It was bad. So I went to town and now I am dealing with bleach fumes. But at least I know it is clean the next time that I have to hug the toilet due to this unexpected nausea. WOOT.

This morning was a toughie. My fantastic husband set the alarm for 8:30...but why is it that I am the one that gets up with the alarm when HE sets it? I did all of my lovely testing, then started on some homework waiting for a call, and Kelly (my nurse) calls to tell me that I had eight contractions. Remember, anything over seven constitutes a remonitor. Thankfully, with the demand dose of 0.2 mg of Terbutaline, I was able to get back on track. But dang, if this is what I have to expect for the next couple of weeks, it is going to get old fast.

I tore out my pump catheter TWICE in the past 24 hours. Last night I was rubbing lotion on Linds (it puts the lotion on its skin---LOL) and then she wanted her toes painted, so i wiped my hands on my thighs to be able to open the tiny BonBon bottle, and hit the catheter and it just falls out. Son of a...it effing hurts. BAD. But I didn't wanna restab myself so I coaxed the cath back in and bandaided it. So I stab myself in the other leg this morning after the contractions thinking maybe that not all the meds are going in. No worries. Then I go to climb into bed and take off my pants (just to get comfy, you know!) and my NEW one falls out.

Oh for the love of all that is good.

So, I restab myself. Hopefully it stays in because I don't know how many more site kits I have to last for the next week.

On another note, Lindsey is doing GREAT with her reading. I am using "Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons" and it is working fantastically. She read three sentances that had 19 words today. We learned the "g" sound like in girl. She's also working on addition and subtraction. She's doing a great job with that. I am really enjoying homeschooling her. She misses going to school and being able to play with her friends, but it is so nice to be able to see what my child is learning. She's doing amazingly well. She's very smart and sometimes that scares me. I feel bad because I won't be able to do the same with Jake, but at least I have had this opportunity with Lindsey.

No comments: