Monday, September 29, 2008

Sleepless in G-ville

The further along I get, the crappier I feel, so I have a super hard time getting on the computer and blogging. But, I can not sleep...I've been up since 6am, doing what my grandmother calls "solving the world's problems". It doesn't help that it wasn't until 1:30 that I fell asleep. I tried turning on the TV, snuggling up to Dan, counting sheep...nothing. I am so flippin' tired and there is nothing I can do about it. But, since Dan has to work tonight, I don't want him to be up, since he has to be driving home at midnight. So, I came downstairs and figured I'd update the ol' blog-o.

Friday was eventful. Went to the doctors and Dr. Alt told me that she was going to take me off the Terbutaline on Tuesday (tomorrow!) because I will be 36 weeks. The cerclage is still coming out next Tuesday, which is really exciting. I had a fetal non-stress test (because of my diabetes) and Jake got the hiccups. It was cool to hear him on the monitor, and to actually SEE my contractions, because my strips get sent off wirelessly, I don't see them. She also booked another ultrasound for us on Wednesday to see how big the bean is. Since Lindsey was so humongous (weighing in at 9 lb 12 oz) they are considered how big Jake is. Soooo, growth US it is. My sugars are still really bad, so she put me on medicines to hopefully maintain better sugars. Also have an infection, so got antibodics for that. I'm just so ready for this to be over! Thank GOD I am off bedrest now!!

After the dr appointment, I met my friend Mandy for lunch and that night went to Janna's for a DeMarle at Home party...it's these silicone baking mats...very cool, but I don't know if I would use them often enough. Anywho, so that was fun, and Linds and I didn't get home until almost eleven.

Saturday we went to the market downtown and got some more ravoli, then headed back to Janna's for her daughter Hailey's fourth birthday party. Lindsey was out of sorts and I took her temo and she had a fever, so we went home. I had to run some errands, but then we went home and rested. I did homework and some scrapbooking, Lindsey played with her new My Little Pony and Dan did some work. It was nice to be together doing absolutely nothing.

Yesterday (Sunday) was really weird. I woke up in the am fine, took my meds and monitored (lots of contractions, very bad) and just puttered around the house. I sat at the computer for awhile, and Dan had opened up all the windows in the house, which normally I LOVE because it ets fresh air in here. But I'm sitting at the table and sweat just starts POURING off me. I went in the living room where Dan was, and asked him if he was really hot...because if I'm sweating like that, he must be dying. But he wasn't. At this point, I'm feeling dizzy and shaky, so I grab some lunch and lay down in bed with the fan on me. I fell asleep, and slept for 2 hours or so. Still didn't feel fantastic after the nap, but then I went and took a cool shower, which finally made me feel a little better, after FIVE hours of feeling like poo.

I think it was a bad reaction to one of my meds, but since I take SIX meds at the same time, I don't know which one it is. Hopefully when I take them today, I don't have the same reaction.

Alright, so sitting here for the past fifteen minutes has made me sleepy again, maybe I will just go lay down on the couch and try to fall back asleep...

No comments: