Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Information on Uterine Irritability and Contractions

So, I have this live feed on my blog that shows where people comes from and where they go. I have noticed that I get a lot of Google searches on Uterine Irritabilty and Contractions. I'm still experiencing this, so I figured I'd give more info.

The uterine irritability is frequent but weak contractions. It doesn't normally affect the entire uterus, just different sides. I find that I get crampy when I am experiencing this. It's not pain like contractions, just very uncomfortable. The doctor put me on Procardia to try to stop this. Normally Procardia is a heart medication, but it is also good at relaxing some of the uterine muscles.

Now, the contractions that I have are stronger than that, and as I get further along they are getting stronger. I have backpain sometimes, it starts mid-back and works it's way around my stomach and my stomach hardens up. I compare my contractions to really bad gas bubbles when you're not pregnant to explain these to my non-pregnant friends. I'm on a contraction monitor that I use twice a day for an hour each. Some times when I am feeling particularily bad I monitor for an extra time or two. The monitor then sends the info to nurses up in Balitmore and they tell me how many contractions I have had. Like this morning I had seven, so I have to remonitor for anything over six, as well as take a 0.2 ml demand dose of Terbutaline. If I have six or more the second time, I have to go to the hospital, but this has never happened before. I'm hoping that it won't today!

Hope that kind of gives those who are looking for more information what they were looking for. There's not really a lot of info on irritability, so I'm sharing what I know. :)

1 comment:

YeahYeah said...

I thought I would come here and see a post by Dan that you had the baby!!! 'Cause I saw your myspace wicked bad contractions thing.

We miss you guys. Okay.. that's a lie.

I miss you guys... lol